I’m super late with this post!
The Sims Community is amazing, don’t you think? I can honestly say that I have met some of my dearest friends through this game. Many of these folks cheer me on just as hard, if not harder, than some of my real life friends. I am forever grateful for each and every one of you. I know it sounds cliche but is the truth.
One of these lovely ladies, ADWilson, nominated me for The Sunshine Blogger Award. So now I’ve got to answer some juicy questions to teach you all a little bit about me. Enjoy!
I’ve also been nominated by Kate of the Loewe Legacy! Thank you, Kate!
WHAT IS THE SUNSHINE BLOGGER AWARD?
It’s an award for bloggers from bloggers and is a beautiful way to share some terrific things other bloggers do and write about. A way to recognize their efforts in inspiring others to do what they love.
WHAT COMES WITH YOUR NOMINATION?
Besides a huge smile upon your face, each nominee has a list of rules that need to be followed.
RULES FOR THE SUNSHINE BLOGGER AWARD
- Thank the person who nominated you and add a link to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 bloggers and add their links.
- Notify the bloggers you include.
- Keep the rules in your post.
QUESTIONS FROM ADWILSON:
1. What is your favorite color? What is it about this color that beckons to you above all others.
I always go back and forth with this one. I love yellow because it is so bright and cheery. I also like to balance that out with blues because they are calming (you might have noticed that I use blue and yellow A LOT in my builds).
2. If you could invite anybody to your dinner party, who would be your guest of honor?
Do they have to be alive? If so, I’d probably invite Glen Lowry. He’s the director of the Museum of Modern Art in New York and he’s just so passionate about getting people excited about museums. I’d love to sit down and pick his brain.
If they can be dead, I totally want to have Julius Caesar to dinner. He and his nephew Octavian really put some awesome things into motion and I really want to chat with them!
3. What made you start blogging?
I started blogging at Don’t Eat the Pickles and Other Stories back in 2011. I was dealing with some undiagnosed illness and it was really scary. I’ve always been better at expressing my emotions through writing and so I started a blog to discuss that dear of the unknown. Once I got diagnosed with Celiac Disease, I kept writing (hence the ‘other stories’). Once I got bored with playing The Sims, I started blogging about it and here we are, three years into Eternally Yours!
4. White, milk or dark chocolate?
All of the above.
5. In all the EA worlds, who is your favorite townie sim or household?
Oof, this one is difficult. I think that my favorite is Agnes Crumplebottom. Her story is just so sad! Her husband Erik drowns and then you go into her home and there is a furnished nursery! It’s awful and I can’t help but love her.
6. What is your favorite book? How many times have you read it?
The Green Mile is my favorite. Hands down. I’ve read it about 3 or 4 times now. It’s such a redeeming story. Here you have the worst of the worst, men on death row, and yet there is such a humanity in all of them. It’s possible to relate to these men. It’s crazy. I love it.
7. If someone is thinking of starting a new legacy challenge, what piece of advice would you share with them?
Stick with it! It doesn’t always got the way you want it to (like when your main character’s boyfriend dies in your first 10 chapters — looking at you Victor). Also, don’t be too hard on yourself! Just write. It doesn’t have to be perfect. Just get the words on the paper.
8. What one sim item is considered a must have? Think beyond the basics.
In game item: I love the baby swing from the store. Makes those babies a breeze.
Mod: Gardener mod from MTS. I love gardens in game but I hate dealing with them. Now the gardener does it.
9. What have you not done in game, but would like to?
I’ve never done simport. I’ve never played in Isla Paradiso so I have yet to really experience diving, fight sharks, or the kraken. I’m amazed at how far I still have to go with this game!
10. What is your favorite quote?
“The scariest moment is always just before you start.” ― Stephen King,
11. Do you have a favorite board game or card game?
I’m a big fan of Clue.
QUESTIONS FROM KATE
1. What is your favorite season in The Sims 3 and in the real life?
In real life: Fall
In game: Winter
2. What are the summers like in the part of the world you live?
They are WONDERFUL! I used to live in the Southern US so it was nasty hot. Now I live up north and the summer only has a few nasty hot days. We’re usually sitting comfy at 70F.
3. If you could live in a different place, where would it be?
Europe! Probably in Italy.
4. What is your favorite town in The Sims 3?
EA Created: Moonlight Falls
Simmer Created: Plum Grove
5. Have you ever built/tried to build a town with the Create-A-World tool?
I tried. I tried so hard. I failed. Kudos to those awesome creators who rock CAW! It’s rough!
6. What is your favorite feature in The Sims 3?
Oh man. This is tough. I really like Create-a-Style. I love that I can throw that cheap furniture in my builds but then CASt it up into something that looks fancy.
7. Do you play also other video games?
Like it’s going out of style! Right now I’m big into Stardew Valley. According to Steam, I’ve spent 209 hours playing it. It’s bad. Below is a brief list of my faves.
PC: Stardew Valley, Banished, Rome: Total War, Rollercoaster Tycoon, Age of Empires, The Sims 2
Playstation 4: The Order, Life is Strange
Xbox 360: Inferno, Blue Dragon, Tales of Vesperia
8. How do you like your pizza?
I love feta cheese, kalamata olives, spinach, and tomatoes.
9. Do you have a pet?
I have a 13yo cat. She’s super crabby and anti-cuddles but I adore her.
10. Are you happy with your given name?
I think so. There are a few times that I’ve wanted to change it but overall, I’m cool with it.
11. Handbag or backpack?
I’m not going to nominate anyone. I love you all but this one has been going around for awhile and I don’t want to force anyone to answer more questions! I’ve added questions below just in case any of you want to answer them in the comments or on your own blogs.
MY QUESTIONS TO YOU:
- What is your favorite EA Store set or object?
- Who is your favorite author?
- Where would you go on vacation if you could go anywhere?
- Who is your favorite historical person?
- What is your biggest fear?
- What is your favorite food?
- If you were a sim, what would your favorite music genre be?
- If you could have any job, what would you do?
- What would you buy if you had $1,000,000?
- What’s your favorite TV show?
- What’s your guilty pleasure?